Fabulous Coconut Hand Cream
- To use Coconut Oil as a moisturizer, it is necessary to break down the fat molecules by whipping the oil.
- All you need is coconut oil. Vitamin E or essential oils are optional
- Beat desired amount of Coconut Oil with Vitamin E or Essential oils in the mix.
- Store in room temperature.
Using coconut oil as a natural moisturizer is, still to this day, an effective solution, only the trick is to know how to best utilize it. The fat molecules in coconut oil are too large, and therefore they can’t penetrate the pores on the skin; opting instead to just remain there.
In order to use coconut oil as a moisturizer, it is necessary to break down the fat molecules by whipping it with a regular kitchen mixer. This ensures that the oil will emulsify and eventually turn to a creamy consistency, which will allow for an easier rub on your skin.
Another advantage of whipping the coconut oil into cream is that it will retain the softness and be flexible enough to scoop out, even at lower temperatures. Doing this will put an end to the “Coconut Oil is Rock Solid” problem!
The best part of it is the fact that it only requires one ingredient, coconut oil, everything else is entirely optional. Vitamin E can be added to make it last longer. In addition, you can add all your favorite essential oils like frankincense and lavender at your discretion.
Once you’re done with that, you can choose to whip this coconut cream in a stand mixer or whip it directly in a jar with a hand mixer using one beater. Keep in mind that your coconut oil needs to be in solid form when you begin whipping, otherwise it won’t whip and will turn into a huge mess.
It is you who gets to choose the quantity of the cream. You can keep it in a jar or container, depending on the quantity.
- Beat desired amount of coconut oil on medium-high for 6-8 minutes or until smooth and rich in consistency.
- Add Vitamin E and/or a few drops of your favorite essential oils.
- Give a quick mix.
- Store closed at room temperature
- Use as much as required.