Healing Lavender Calendula Coconut Salve
- Coconut oil and Calendula oil together can form a salve and also can be used to relieve dryness of the skin.
- This recipe of healing salve works in a great way to nourish the skin.
- This salve made from Coconut oil and Calendula oil is not only used for healing wounds, but also for healing dry skin & chapped lips.
Salves made from natural ingredients are usually used to reduce dryness of skin, eliminate chapped lips or heal any wound. However, Salves made from different natural ingredients can be used in various ways.
Coconut oil is not just used for beauty or food. Coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties and can be used as a salve for cuts or wounds in any part of the body.
What you will need:
- ¾ cup of Calendula oil
- ¼ cup of Coconut oil
- 1-ounce Beeswax
- 15-18 drops of Lavender essential oil
- Pinch of dried Turmeric powder
- Small tin can
- Glass jar
- Small bowl
- Long wooden spoon
- Liquid measuring cup
- Heat water in the large pot and place the small bowl over it to create a double boiler. A double boiler has to be prepared in such a way that the ingredients do not come in direct contact with heat and can melt easily.
- Pour the calendula oil into the bowl. Lower the burner heat and grate the beeswax into the bowl. Then add the coconut oil into the mixture and keep stirring.
- When all the ingredients melt, add the lavender essential oil and a pinch of turmeric powder. mix all the ingredients well and turn off the burner.
- Put the mixture into a liquid measuring cup and pour it in a glass jar. Allow the salve to cool and use it.
Qualities of calendula oil extracted from marigold
- Calendula oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties which act as an antiseptic to heal any wound.
- Coconut oil and Calendula oil together can form a salve that can be used to relieve dryness in the skin.
- Coconut oil contains two substances called lauric acid and capric acid, which provide deep nourishment to the skin and relieve the dryness of the skin.
- Coconut oil also helps to reduce inflammation of the skin so that it can be easily used as an ointment to heal any wound.
- Beeswax helps to relieve dryness, cracking, etc. of the skin and prevent bacterial infections. It also retains moisture in the skin and helps to minimize pores.
- Lavender Essential Oil keeps blood circulation in the skin normal and brings extra freshness to the skin.
This salve made from Coconut oil and Calendula oil is not only used for healing wounds, but also for dry skin, chapped lips, etc. There is a unique fragrance in this salve due to the use of Lavender Essential Oil, the addition of coconut oil makes this salve a great way to nourish the skin.
Benefits of calendula oil
Benefits of beeswax
Lavender essential oil