Enjoy Healthy Glowing Skin with Coconut and Shea Butter Body Scrub
This modern world is so fast-moving that we often forget about ourselves to keep pace with it. We forget to take care of our skin, and as a result, suddenly we realise the person we look at in the mirror has aged so quickly. All the dead skin cell stayed on for so long that liveliness is fading from the skin. Homemade DIY body scrub with coconut oil and shea butter can be your solution to that. Just the habit of taking care of yourself with a natural body scrub can do wonders, you don’t need ‘beauty secrets’ to maintain youthful, healthy skin.
What is a body scrub?
Simply put, a body scrub is an exfoliant that gets rid of dead skin cells. Sometimes it’s called body polish or body gloss. Its exfoliant content is coarse enough to eliminate dead skin cells but not too abrasive to damage your skin. Removal of dead skin is crucial to maintain healthy skin. It makes your skin more youthful.
The sugar or salt used in the scrub gives you the sensation of scrubbing. The natural body scrub has various benefits-
- It removes dead cells from the skin surface
- A natural body scrub can clear congestion and draw out impurities
- It smoothens razor bumps and softens dry and rough skin
- Body scrub promotes healthy skin cell turnover and improved circulation
- It gets rid of ingrown hair
For healthy and glowing skin, homemade body scrubs are ideal. They benefit your skin without exposing you to harmful chemicals. Coconut oil and shea butter are among the best homemade body scrubs for their never-ending perks.
Why coconut oil?
Coconut oil is easily among the top hair oils. Its benefits and beauty has kept us mesmerised for thousands of years. But the use of coconut oil as a body oil is relatively lesser-known. Yet, it yields the same excellent benefits for our skin. There are lots of reasons to include coconut oil in your DIY body scrub-
- Coconut oil’s antibacterial properties can kill detrimental bacteria and reduce skin diseases that are caused by bacteria.
- Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are vital for protecting your skin from free radicals and environmental damages.
- Coconut oil can reduce oxidative stress, and in the process, it prevents cellular breakdown. It keeps your skin from premature ageing and gives you youthful and healthy skin.
- In the dry season, your skin can get extremely dehydrated. Coconut oil has emollient properties, and it is a natural moisturiser. It keeps your skin hydrated and reduces the chances of getting atopic dermatitis, which is a condition that makes your skin dry and flaky.
Why shea butter?
Shea tree can be found in West Africa and shea butter is made from its nuts, which is solid at warm temperatures. Because it contains Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and rich in fatty acids, shea butter body scrub has become popular among beauty enthusiasts. Here are the reasons why it is a must to add organic shea butter to your natural scrub-
- Shea butter is known for its moisturising properties. It holds moisture in your skin for a long time and reduces the chance of getting dry skin.
- Shea butter is easily absorbed by your skin and doesn’t give your skin an oily appearance. It happens because shea butter’s high levels of oleic acid and linoleic acid balance each other.
- It doesn’t clog skin pores. Shea butter is safe to use for nearly all skin types.
- Shea butter is rich in antioxidants and can preserve your skin’s youthful look.
- Shea butter’s antifungal properties can fight skin infections that are caused by fungus.
- Shea butter helps improve collagen production, which may help to minimise the appearance of lines on your skin.
- It contains an estimated SPF of three to four and gives added sun protection.
Coconut oil and shea butter body scrub
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shea butter
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- Combine coconut oil, shea butter and essential oil
- Mix them at medium to high speed in a blender until creamy
- Add the Epsom salt and mix at a low speed
- Store in a jar for up to six months
- Apply liberally
Frequently Asked Questions On Coconut Oil For Smooth Hair At Home
1. How do you use shea butter as a body scrub?
Ans. Shea butter is an excellent moisturiser and helps promote cell generation. For naturally glowing skin, you can use shea butter in your body scrub. You can mix it with coconut oil and essential oil for added moisturising benefits and a beautiful aroma. Add Epsom salt as an exfoliant to the mixture, and you will have a body scrub that can give you smooth and glowing skin.
2. Can I mix shea butter and coconut oil?
Ans. Yes, you can mix shea butter and coconut oil, and they work efficiently together as a body scrub.
3. Is coconut oil and shea butter good for the skin?
Ans. Coconut oil and shea butter are rich in fatty acids and vitamins. Both of them have anti-inflammatory properties and can soothe skin irritation. Shea butter and coconut oil can hold moisture on your skin for a more extended period and keep your skin hydrated. They promote cell generation and healthy skin. They are also rich in antioxidants, which can preserve your skin’s youthfulness. So, it is safe to say, Coconut oil and shea butter are excellent for your skin.
4. How do you use coconut oil as a body scrub?
Ans. To prepare a body scrub with coconut oil, you can mix coconut oil with shea butter and aromatic essential oil, and Epsom salt. Epsom salt works as an exfoliant, and coconut oil and shea butter act as moisturiser.
Natural scrubs are always better for your skin. When you add coconut oil and shea butter to your DIY body scrub, you increase its effectiveness and benefits in manifolds. That body scrub will help you to have younger and healthy skin and boost your confidence in no time!