Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub: Magical way to Get Soft and Smooth Skin
- Coconut oil sugar scrub sheds off dead cells
- It helps to moisturise your skin and makes your skin look dewy
- When preparing a face scrub for the face, it’s better to use brown sugar
- As for your body, you may make a scrub using granulated sugar
- You should always scrub your skin gently in a circular motion
We all are familiar with the prevalent belief that too much sugar intake is bad for our health. Health-conscious people avoid processed sugar to maintain a swoon-worthy figure. However, do you know that you can use a sugar face scrub? Yes, because the natural scrub for the face helps them in achieving glowy skin.
Sugar scrubs are great for skin exfoliation. Sugar scrubs can help you shed off dead cells from your body. You may apply a sugar scrub on your knees, elbows, feet, tummy, back, arms, legs and lips.
But Why Is it So Good for the Skin?
- Sugar scrub encourages cellular turnover and thus, helps you have smooth skin at home
- Not only that, the homemade face scrub brightens up your complexion
- It’s a natural humectant. Since it can draw moisture from the environment into the skin, sugar face scrub helps to hydrate your skin
- It’s a natural source of glycolic acid that penetrates deep into the skin and rewards you with younger-looking skin
It’s important to moisturise your skin after exfoliation. If you can add some moisturising ingredients like coconut oil to your DIY face scrub, that’s even better. Hence, coconut oil sugar scrub is regarded as a magnificent duo.
Choosing the Right Kind of Sugar
- If you want to prepare a sugar face scrub, you should better lay your hands on brown sugar. Its particles are less coarse than granulated sugar and don’t cause any tear on your skin cells.
- Nevertheless, you can make a body scrub with regular sugar.
How to Make Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
Customising the ingredients of the scrub lets you cover both moisturising and exfoliating at a single go! Coconut oil is dense and creamy. Therefore, it works wonders with a sugar scrub. It melts in your hands at ease. Not to mention, it’s inexpensive and its tropical aroma is unparalleled.
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- Pour coconut oil into a jar and melt it in a microwave.
- Add sugar to the oil and stir gently until it turns into a paste.
- Seal the jar properly.
- Using fingers or a spoon stir the scrub.
- Apply to your skin evenly using a circular massaging motion and keep away from the eyes.
- Rinse it off with cool water and see how your skin glows.
You may also add equal parts lemon juice and honey to this scrub on the days you like to pamper yourself a bit more. Lemon will work as a brightening agent as it’s potent with vitamin C. On the other hand, honey will add a boost of moisture.
If you have been looking for a soft skin home remedy, this is where your quest ends. Both sugar and coconut oil are very good for your skin. When you mix them, you get one of the finest home remedies for smooth skin. For better results, use this face scrub at home twice or thrice a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is coconut oil and sugar good for your face?
Yes, both of these ingredients are good for your face. Sugar and coconut oil face scrub is an effective way to exfoliate your skin. Due to having coconut oil in it, it simultaneously moisturises your skin.
Can you make a sugar scrub with coconut oil?
Yes, you can make a sugar scrub with coconut oil. It’s known as the most effective natural scrub at home. Sugar encourages cellular turnover and coconut oil hydrates your skin. As a result, you’re rewarded with a smoother and brighter complexion.
What does coconut oil and sugar do?
When it comes to a homemade face scrub, the supremacy of this duo is unparalleled. Sugar sloughs off dead cells and unleashes a newer layer of skin. On the other hand, coconut oil nourishes your skin and traps moisture inside. Hence, your skin looks rejuvenated when you apply the scrub in the correct method.
What kind of coconut oil is best for sugar scrub?
Opting for extra virgin coconut oil is best if you want to prepare a sugar face scrub at home. In case that’s not available, you may use regular coconut oil as well.