Say Goodbye to Winter Dry Skin Problems with the Magic of Coconut
- Coconut Oil in winter is an excellent remedy that rehydrates and soothes natural moisture in our skin.
- Applying Coconut Oil as a facial scrub can keep our skin smooth and humid.
- Coconut Oil can be used as facewash, exfoliating scrub, makeup cleanser, body lotion and sunburn remedy for the skin.
Winter is an awesome season full of vacation gatherings, crackling flames and cool air. The cold breeze feels pretty good, but the weather leaves our faces sensitive to a variety of skin conditions. Winter wind brings dull, dry skin, frizzy hair, cracked hands and feet. Coconut Oil in winter is an excellent remedy that rehydrates and soothes natural moisture in our skin. Since ancient times, Coconut Oil has been used in beauty and skincare treatments. .
Coconut oil is indeed a special natural fat formula that makes it useful to treat the skin mostly in winter. In fact, there are a few reasons for using Coconut Oil for dry skin rather than other oils.
Dryness and blackheads can be removed by exfoliation in winter. Applying Coconut Oil as a facial scrub can keep our skin smooth and humid without much investment. The benefits of applying Coconut Oil on the body are incomparable. Coconut Oil can be used as a body cream after an effective exfoliation.
Coconut Oil is considered as a multi-purpose oil that can act as a hydrating lotion, a cleanser, also as a sunscreen depending on the type of skin. It nourishes the face and it helps to heal the skin due to the antioxidants. Coconut Oil even decreases inflammation because it produces fatty acids.
There are many ways you can use Coconut Oil in your everyday beauty routine. Benefits of Coconut Oil on the skin in everyday’s life are as follows:
Uses of Coconut Oil on the skin
1. As Face Wash:
Virgin Coconut Oil benefits the skin as a natural face wash. All you need to do is, add some amount of baking soda and essential oil of your choice with Coconut Oil for the application. After adding all the ingredients, mix all of them well. Now, you are good to go with your natural face wash.
2. DIY Exfoliating Scrub:
Coconut Oil, honey and sugar scrub is one of the most beneficial DIY face scrubs. The combination of these three organic products goes well with almost every skin type. This scrub is even used as a body scrub and lip scrub. To apply the scrub, massage it gently on your skin and avoid the sensitive areas like the under the eye area. Coconut Oil will be instantly blended into the skin giving it a fresh and a radiant glow.
3. As Makeup Cleanser:
Make-up removal has always been a critical task. Removing the product with Coconut Oil instead of replacing it with other chemicals will make the skin smoother. Coconut Oil is also effective to minimize wrinkles.
As Shaving Cream:
Coconut Oil can also be used as a shaving cream. A thin layer of Coconut Oil can reduce razor wounds and dry hands and legs.
4. As Body Lotion:
As Coconut Oil is relatively comedogenic, it isn’t recommended by many dermatologists for the application in the face particularly when you already have acne-prone skin. However, the benefits of applying coconut oil on the body are perfectly undisputed. It can be used as a body lotion on the body, as it is high in fatty acids and contains both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial contents.
5. Sunburn Relief:
The intense sunlight can dry out a face’s sensitive skin and make it look red. Coconut Oil eliminates a lot of this redness and moisturizes our skin.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for skin
There are innumerable benefits of Coconut Oil for skin.. There are several advantages to using Coconut Oil in winter. If you have not already used it then winter is the right time to use this affordable and wonderful organic product.
- During winter, our feet and hands become cracked. Applying Coconut Oil and then wearing a pair of socks can magically heal the cracked feet and hands.
- Winter winds are known to cause chapped lips. Adding Coconut Oil to your favorite lipstick and applying it to the lips will give them a nice colour and make them soft and smooth.
- Coconut Oil is useful to repair skin problems from cold weather. To provide fast, hydrating relief, apply liberal amounts of Coconut Oil to a rough and irritated layer. For the best results, you may mix some glycerin.
- During winter, the nose is sensitive to dryness. Using a cotton pad with some drops of Coconut Oil can immediately hydrate the nasal area.
- Hair may become frizzy and vulnerable in winter. Using Coconut Oil before bed can restore hair moisture. Vitamin E in Coconut Oil continues to feed the hair from within and restores the protein to strengthen it.
In a nutshell, Coconut Oil is such a body-friendly product and has several health benefits. Coconut Oil is derived from seeds of Coconut structurally. It is colorless and is used as processed and unprocessed oil for consumer use.
Coconut Oil can be applied to your skin directly. Nevertheless, Coconut Oil is not recommended to treat any medical conditions. In case anyone is looking to treat medical problems, consult a professional.
Frequently Asked Questions On Coconut Oil In Winter
Is coconut oil good for dry skin?
Yes, it can be beneficial to maintain hydration by adding Coconut Oil to your dry skin. However, the oil is capable of blocking pores and is not ideal for a few people to use any oil overnight.
Which oil is best for dry skin?
Coconut oil, Argan oil, Safe & Sweet Almond oil, Olive oil, Jojoba oil are the most recommended oils for dry skin according to dermatologists.
Is coconut oil good for itchy dry skin?
Lauric acid in coconut oil helps to get rid of bacteria, viruses and fungus from the face. This can lessen the threat of skin-scratching infection.
Does skin absorb coconut oil?
The skin normally absorbs Coconut oil. Organic essential oils and fragrance oils contain oil-based substances that can easily be absorbed into the skin.