Did You Know that Coconut Oil can Relieve Pain?
- Coconut oil is enriched with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Applying Coconut Oil increases blood circulation.
- Coconut Oil has medium chain triglycerides that heal damaged tissues.
- Coconut oil contributes to keeping the bones healthy.
Along with a healthy diet low in processed foods and sugars, Coconut Oil has the potential to heal arthritis and improve the overall health of arthritis sufferers.
Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties present in coconut oil is a well-known fact. The oil lubricates the joint and reduces the stiffness of the joint. It helps in improving the circulation on the affected area and loosens the joints. This helps in improving the mobility of the patient.
Improves Blood Circulation
Coconut oil also relieves the pain of the patient by increasing blood circulation. Coconut Oil massage provides the person with a warming effect. The oil provides the bone and the joint with enough strength thus preventing it from further deterioration.
Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) like Lauric acid, Capric acid, Caprylic acid, Caproic acid and many more. MCTs are a unique type of fatty acids which undergo a very different kind of metabolism. The energy liberated from the oil is prolonged and the MCTs are circulated throughout the body for a long time in order to allow effective healing of the damaged tissues owing to its anti-inflammatory action. This action has a soothing effect and relieves pain.
Aids Absorption of Minerals
Coconut oil also helps in the effective absorption of various minerals including calcium. As concrete is to a building, calcium is to a bone. It is the most important requirement for bone health. Efficient absorption of the mineral helps in strengthening the bones thus prevents and cures osteoarthritis. Moreover, micro-organisms responsible for inflammation of joints are usually present deep in their membranes where antibiotics cannot reach thus making the organisms immune to antibiotics. Coconut oil is different in this regard. The MCT’s present in the oil penetrate deeply and destroy the micro-organisms present within the joint membrane
- 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil is known to ward off any chronic infection according to various research studies.
- It is advised to start with fewer amounts of the oil.
- Start with 1 tablespoon of the oil for daily consumption and gradually increase it up to 3-4 tablespoons.
- Larger amounts of the oil may upset your stomach causing diarrhea.
- For lactating and pregnant women, it is advised to stick to lower amounts so as to avoid any kind of risk or complication.