5 DIY Coconut Masks for Different types of Skin
What’s the best makeup you could ever wear? The answer is – healthy, glowing skin and that’s why we are always looking for ways and hacks to improve our skin in the best way possible. And when it comes to taking care of your skin, there’s nothing close to like coconut oil. Yes, we know this is a fundamental ingredient, but then again, you can always find magic in the most ordinary things!
So, what makes coconut oil so beneficial for the skin? Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer moisturiser and a perfect base for your DIY natural face mask recipes since it is naturally antibacterial and antifungal. And by combining the natural properties of coconut oil with the benefits of other natural ingredients, you can enjoy the goodness of different facial mask recipes for different types of skin. In this article, we will discuss different face packs for all skin types, which can be easily prepared using coconut oil.
1. Anti Acne Coconut Facemask
Because of its antibacterial properties, coconut oil is an excellent option for treating acne-prone skin. On the other hand, oatmeal soothes inflamed skin by restoring its natural pH balance. You can prepare your own DIY natural face mask by combining these two. This is an ideal face mask for acne.
- Take 3 tbsp. of oatmeal in a bowl and add sufficient amounts of warm water to make a paste-like consistency
- Add one tbsp. of coconut oil into the oatmeal paste and mix well
- Apply the mixture to your face and gently rub in a circular motion to exfoliate your skin
- For 15 minutes, keep the mixture on your face
- Rinse with cold water and pat your face dry with a towel.
2. Coconut Oil Face Mask for Oily Skin
This face mask for oily skin works effectively because it gently exfoliates and deeply cleans pores. This facial mask also nourishes and moisturises your skin cells while still protecting them from damage and ageing.
- Take one tsp. of yoghurt and ½ tbsp. of lemon juice into a bowl
- Add ½ tbsp. of coconut oil and mix them well
- After applying a thick coat of this mix to your clean face, wait for 15 minutes
- Then, rinse your face with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel
3. Coconut Oil Mask for Uneven Skin Tone
Turmeric has been used to soften and even out skin tone for decades. When you combine this fantastic spice with the moisturising properties of coconut oil and its ability to penetrate deep into the skin, it’s easy to see why this face pack is so effective for uneven skin.
- Put one tbsp. of coconut oil into a bowl and microwave it for a few seconds to melt it
- Add ⅛ tsp. of turmeric into the melted coconut oil
- Apply the coconut oil and turmeric mask on your face and let it rest for 15 minutes
- Rinse your face with cold or lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel
4. Moisturizing Face mask for Dry, Flaky Skin
Honey and coconut oil both moisturise and unclog pores. They also have antimicrobial and antifungal properties, which help keep the skin clean and free from dryness. So, if you are looking for a face mask for dry skin, here is your solution.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tsp. Of coconut oil and one tsp. of honey
- Apply the mask to your clean face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and then wipe off your face with a damp towel afterwards
- This mask hydrates and nourishes the skin while also reducing dryness. It works pretty effectively as a DIY face mask for glowing skin as well