Coconut oil: The Best Natural Makeup Remover
- Coconut oil acts as a great makeup remover, leaving you with softer and younger looking skin.
- Massage Coconut oil using a circular motion over the makeup to remove it.
- Using a warm wet cloth, wipe off additional Coconut Oil.
- Wash off your face using warm water.
Apart from its conventional uses, Coconut oil is a great organic solution to removing makeup from your skin.
According to Joseph Cincotta, a cosmetic chemist, “Coconut oil solubilizes or breaks up water-resistance substances used in eye shadow and mascara, releasing them from the skin and lashes. And unlike a lot of traditional eye-makeup removers, it’ll leave your skin softer and younger looking. It’s great for your skin, because it moisturizes and smooths.”
How to apply:
- Take a small amount of Coconut oil and rub it between your fingers until it melts.
- Keep your eyes closed and gently spread the oil over your eyelids and lashes as well as across all other areas of your eye. Make sure to apply just enough oil for your fingers to move around softly.
- Massage the oil on your skin using a circular motion to be able to remove your makeup.
- Using a warm, wet washcloth, wipe off excess Coconut oil.
- Splash your face with warm water and you’re good to go.
Coconut oil is cheaper than over the counter makeup remover and more effective as well. It is less damaging to one’s eyelashes and leaves them shinyy. More so, your face will feel dewy and smell like a tropical vacation.