Different Kinds of DIY Coconut Milk Mask
- You can easily prepare coconut milk at home.
- There are numerous coconut milk benefits for your hair, health, and skin.
- You can make a DIY face mask for glowing skin with coconut milk or any other ingredient like lemon, honey, or oats.
- To flaunt gasp-worthy hair, deep condition it with coconut milk and honey every week.
Coconut oil has been used as a staple hair care and skincare ingredient for ages. But did you know about coconut milk benefits?
It’s traditionally used as a beverage or a substitute for dairy in many dishes. Coconut milk contains proteins, fats, vitamins C, E, B 12, and zinc. These nutrients in coconut milk can aid you in attaining flawless skin and voluminous hair as well.
If you’re thinking that this elixir of life might be expensive, you’re wrong. You can affordably prepare coconut milk at home without much hassle. But how?
How To Make Coconut Milk At Home
- Just Extract the white flesh found inside a ripe coconut shell. You can do this by grating Grate the white flesh found inside a ripe coconut shell
- Boil 4 cups of water
- Add the grated coconut to previously boiled water
- Let it sit for 5 minutes
- Squeeze out the milk inside it by using a cheesecloth
- After it becomes cool, refrigerate overnight
- You may also blend the white flesh with some water in your electric blender
With this milk, you can prepare face mask for glowing skin. Now let’s see how you can avail the benefits of coconut milk for skin and hair. Different types of face masks can be made using coconut oil as well.
Coconut Milk Face Masks
1. Almond and Coconut Milk Face Mask:
Coconut milk is rich in vitamin C. It increases the elasticity of your skin. It also contains copper that helps impedes prevent wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
You can make a powerful facial mask with coconut milk and almond.
- Soak six to seven almonds overnight
- Peel off their skins the next morning
- Grind them well and form a smooth paste
- Add five to six drops of coconut milk to it
- Stir them well and apply the concoction to your face
- Wash your face with cold water after 15 minutes
2. Coconut Milk And Oats Face Scrub:
The benefits of coconut milk for skin are manifold. You can blend coconut milk and oats to make a DIY face mask for glowing skin. By using this scrub, you can unleash a newer layer of skin.
- Soak some oats in coconut milk.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Gently scrub your face with it and after a while, rinse it off.
3. Coconut Milk Face Mask:
You can use coconut milk for the face in various ways. It has anti-inflammatory properties. That’s why it quickly heals sunburn. So, apply it over the sunburnt areas of your face or body and the swelling or redness will be gone after some time.
4. Face Mask With Coconut Milk & Rose Petals:
Other than a coconut milk face mask, you can also use the milk to moisturise your skin. Rub it on your face for 20-30 minutes to eliminate dryness. You can also incorporate other ingredients to prepare a natural face mask.
- Take ½ cup of rose water, one cup of rose petals, and 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Add these to lukewarm water in a tub.
- Pamper yourself in this Bath in it for about 15 minutes and it’ll moisturize your dry skin.
Coconut Milk for Hair Masks
1. Coconut Milk Hair Massage:
Due to having moisturising proponents agents, coconut milk can treat a dry, itchy, and irritated scalp. It can also restore damaged, dry, and brittle hair.
So, gently massage your scalp for 5 minutes with coconut milk. Then wrap your hair with a hot towel. It’ll be absorbed into the scalp in 30 minutes. Then you can take a shower.
2. Coconut Milk And Fenugreek Hair Mask:
The nutrients in coconut milk strengthen hair follicles. Thus, it and stimulates hair growth.
Fenugreek has a lot of proteins and so it that aids in lowering hair fall and thinning. The lecithin in it also helps in moisturising and strengthening your hair. So, use this mask once a week to reap the benefits.
- Add two tbsps of fenugreek seed powder to two tbsps of coconut milk.
- Mix them well.
- Apply the paste onto your scalp and keep it for 30 minutes.
- After that, rinse the mask off with a mild shampoo.
3. Coconut Milk And Lemon Hair Mask:
The vitamin C present in lemon assists helps in removing dandruff from your scalp. It works more rapidly when mixed with coconut milk. For a steady outcome, use it once every week.
- Take two tbsps of lemon juice and four tbsps of coconut milk.
- Mix them well and refrigerate the mixture.
- After four hours, spread it evenly to your hair and scalp.
- Wrap your hair with a towel or shower cap. Let it sit for 45 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
4. Coconut Milk And Honey Hair Mask:
You can use honey and coconut milk once a week to deep condition your hair. Honey has antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. It deeply moisturizes your hair and makes it more glossy.
- Take four tbsps of coconut milk and two tbsps of honey.
- Stir them well until formed into a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste evenly from the roots to the tips.
- Cover your head with a shower cap.
- Wait for an hour or two and then shampoo your hair.
5. Coconut Milk And Aloe Vera Hair Mask:
If you incorporate Aloe vera and coconut milk, you can make a powerful mask to can help prevent hair loss. It can also help fight dandruff. You should use this mask once a week to notice any change.
- Take three tbsps of coconut milk, one tbsp of aloe vera gel, and a bunch of basil leaves.
- Blend them together and make a thick paste.
- Apply it to your hair from the roots to the ends.
- Keep it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Coconut milk benefits are innumerable. The use of coconut milk isn’t just limited to the culinary world. You may also incorporate this into your beauty regimen. You can prepare different types of hair and facial masks with this milk to retain its different benefits. So, have faith in it and you’ll notice the results in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions On Coconut Milk Masks
1. What does coconut milk do to your hair?
– Coconut milk makes your hair thicker and stronger. But you need to consistently use it.
2. How often should I put coconut milk in my hair?
– You can apply coconut milk once a week to your hair if you have a busy schedule. You may also use it two to three times a week if you can manage time.
3. Does coconut milk help grow your hair?
– Yes, it does. Massage it onto your scalp and wait for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
4. Is coconut milk good for hair loss?
– Yes, it can fight against hair loss. Coconut milk is rich in proteins which significantly promotes hair growth.