The Best Face Mask Ever with Yogurt and Coconut Oil
- Mixing Coconut Oil with yogurt prevents drying out the skin.
- Apply the mask to your skin, let it rest for 15 minutes and rinse off thoroughly.
- Do not store. Throw away any leftovers.
Yogurt is one kind of probiotic, meaning it contains some healthy bacteria, some of which produce lactic acid when combined with the milk in yogurt. When applied to the skin, lactic acid makes an attempt to dry out oil and tighten pores. On the other hand, coconut oil is very moisturizing but oily nonetheless. Research has it, combining these two ingredients can prevent the yogurt from drying too much and subsequently prevent the coconut oil from clogging pores.
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt
- First up, the Coconut oil needs to be melted.
- The simplest way to do so is to scoop out 2 teaspoons of coconut oil into a bowl and microwave it for 5 seconds straight.
- This can also be done over the stove. In that case simply scoop 2 teaspoons into a stovetop pan, turn the heat on low and stir gently till the oil turns to liquid.
- After that’s done, add the yogurt
- Mix them together until both ingredients are blended evenly.
Finally, it is now ready to apply to your face. In case you have long hair, you may need to pull it back a little. It might also be helpful if you lie down flat on your back with a towel underneath your head. It will be somewhat difficult to apply the mask in this particular position, but this way it is less likely to drip
Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture is arguably the neatest option, but if you don’t mind a little mess, your fingers will still be fine. No worries.
After applying the mask to your skin, let it sit for 15 minutes maximum followed by rinsing your face with cool or lukewarm water until it is no longer oily, and pat dry with a soft towel. Make sure to throw away any leftover mixture, as it will not stay good, even in the refrigerator.
Similar to this, you can make different face masks at home with different ingredients like making a face mask using coconut oil and turmeric, check out our face care blog section for more such recipe articles.