Bring A Difference on Your Meal with Mouthwatering Coconut Tofu Delight
- Tofu Coconut Curry is a great addition to your breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Gather the ingredients
- Pat Tofu dry and cook in coconut oil.
- Add garlic and veggies of your preference.
- Add your desired toppings and serve.
Tofu is a versatile, soy-based bean curd that can come as a welcome addition to your breakfast, lunch or dinner. It can be added to any vegetarian or vegan meal if you’re looking for a little extra protein. Spare yourself a couple of minutes and go through this healthy and delicious and easy Coconut Curry with Tofu recipe and see if you want to add it to your menu, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner! The best thing about it is that it takes just 30 minutes to prepare and is made entirely in one pan!
- 1 cup basmati rice, or grain of choice (please note that, using brown rice will take longer than 30 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 2/3 Cup extra firm tofu
- 1–2 teaspoons Tamara or soy sauce or about 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup small diced carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, I used full fat
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice according to the cooking manual. Once the cooking part is done, remove it from heat and keep lid on until ready to eat. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Pat tofu dry (you can press it if you like but that will take longer than 30 minutes) and cut into bite size pieces.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add coconut oil, tofu and tamari or salt.
- Stir, cover with a lid and let it cook until browned, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and veggies of your liking and cook for another 3 minutes or so.
- Once that’s done, add the coconut milk, curry powder, garam masala and salt.
- Stir everything together well, cover with a lid and let cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Divide rice into 4 equal portions and top with equal amounts of coconut curry.
Add any desired toppings of your choice, and dig in!