Coconut Barfi Recipe to Enjoy during Special Occasions
- When you are short of time, Coconut Barfi is the best choice to embrace any special occasion
- Take desiccated coconut, condensed milk, cardamom powder and melted ghee and prepare the sweetest dessert ever.
When it comes to special occasions we all have big ideas on the things we want to make however, in the last moment we realize that we just don’t have the time. Don’t stress! We’ve got a burfi recipe that is easy and perfect for any occasion
You’ll love the texture and flavor of the lightly toasted coconut in this recipe.
- Desiccated coconut: 3 cups
- Melted ghee: 2-3 tsp
- Condensed milk: 400gm
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom (cardamom powder)
- Place a large heavy bottomed pan over low heat. Add coconut and condensed milk. Cook, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture gets a semisolid consistency.
- Add cardamom and ghee. Cook again, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Divide the mixture into two equal parts, and add a few drops of red food color to one half of the mixture. Mix well to get a dark pink hue. Set aside.
- Grease and line a slice pan or a small plastic container with baking or parchment paper. Make sure the paper is overhanging at the sides.
- Add the pink coconut mixture into the container. Use a spatula to spread mixture in one single layer.
- Add the white mixture on top of the pink layer. Use a spatula to spread the white mixture in a single layer. Smooth the top.
- Place the container in the fridge for an hour to set. Once set, cut into desired shapes. Sprinkle with more coconut if you like.