Love Snacking on the Go? Check Out Our Recipe for Lemon Coconut Bars
- This is the best snacks solutions for the on-the-go generation
- It will not only rid your hunger on the go, but will also make your soul filled.
- To make such lovely snacks, you have to prepare two things separately.
- First prepare shortbread crust and then the lemon curd and enjoy the mouth-watering snack.
We all carry power bars or packs of biscuits in our bags to have a quick snack on the go. While purchasing food is the easier and quicker option, sometimes the heart and the mouth craves something out of the ordinary. That is why we present to you these amazingly tasty Lemon Coconut Bars which will not only rid your hunger on the go, but will also make sure your soul is filled with taste beyond imagination.
Now let’s get into the details. You will need to prepare two things separately – Shortbread Crust and Lemon Curd. Here is how:
Ingredients for Shortbread Crust
- Vegetable oil spray.
- Sweetened shredded coconut: ¾ cup
- 2 whole crackers.
- Unsalted butter: ¾ cup
- Powdered sugar: ⅓ cup
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Vanilla extract: ¾ teaspoon
- Kosher salt: ⅛ teaspoon
How to Prepare the Shortbread Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Coat a baking glass dish with the vegetable oil and set it aside.
- Spread out the coconut on a baking sheet and bake for up to 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until the color turns light golden brown. Take out and let it cool.
- Now grind up the crackers and transfer it to a small bowl.
- Add the coconut and stir and set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until the mixture turns fluffy.
- Add flour, salt and vanilla extract. Mix and form a dough and then fold in coconut-crumb mixture within.
- Press dough evenly onto the prepared dish. Use a form to prick the dough all over. Bake for up to 22 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown. Set aside.
Ingredients for Lemon Curd
- 12 large egg yolks.
- 4 large eggs.
- Sugar: 2 cups
- ¾ cup finely grated lemon zest.
- Fresh lemon juice: 1 and ⅓ cups
- 3/4 cup chilled unsalted butter cut into ½ inch cubes.
- ½ cup canned unsweetened coconut milk or heavy cream.
How to Prepare the Lemon Curd:
- In a small pan, add the egg yolks, eggs, sugar, and lemon zest and lemon juice and cook over medium heat. Whisk constantly beating in as much air as possible. The curd will thicken and begin to bubble in about 10 minutes. Remove from heat when that happens.
- Add butter and coconut milk and keep whisking until the curd turns smooth. Pour the curd onto the baked crust using a fine-mesh sieve.
- Bake it for about 15-17 minutes. Let it cool in the pan for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Next, cut into bars to enjoy delicious Lemon Coconut Bars anytime anywhere