What’s Better than A Chocolate Pound Cake? Coconut-Chocolate Pound Cake!
- Coconut-Chocolate Pound tastes as great as it sounds
- Adding a twist of coconut and preparing Coconut-Chocolate Cake is already popular among the sweet tooths in the world
- Collect all the ingredients
- Need to preheat oven at 325 Fahrenheit
- Then follow the directions to make the sweetest desert
Chocolate Pound Cakes are already highly popular among all the sweet tooth in the world, and it looks like we have found the perfect way to make them even more lovable. Let’s add the twist of coconut and make it a Coconut-Chocolate Pound Cake. Sounds amazing, right?
- Buttermilk: ⅔ cup
- Coconut flakes: ⅓ cup
- Unsalted butter: ¼ cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: ½ cup
- Kosher salt: 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder: 3/4 teaspoon
- Virgin coconut oil: ½ cup
- 1 and ½ cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 3 large eggs.
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread butter on a baking pan and then line with parchment paper. Make sure the paper is hanging a little from the edges.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- With an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat oil, butter and 1 and ½ cups of sugar until the mixture is pale and fluffy. This will take about 7 minutes.
- Now add eggs one at a time while blending. Beat mixture until it is very light and doubles in volume. This will take about 8 minutes.
- Now add the vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add all the dry ingredients in 3 add-ons with buttermilk added in between.
- When done, add coconut and the remaining sugar.
- Now it’s time to bake the cake. Bake for about 70-80 minutes and check with a tester if the center comes out clean. If it does, transfer pan to wire rack and let it cool for about 20 minutes. This is how you can make yourself a delicious Coconut-Chocolate pound cake.