Amazing Beauty Hacks with Coconut and Olive Oil
- Coconut and Olive oil duo can be the best emulsion to treat our skin and hair.
- Olive Oil is a natural anti-aging ingredient and may help to fight against wrinkles.
- The Vitamin E, proteins, and minerals of Coconut Oil have the capacity to soothe dry scalp.
In an array of DIY products and treatments, the magical Coconut and Olive oil duo can be the best emulsion to treat our skin and hair. While we are already familiar with the number of benefits of Coconut Oil on face and skin, we may not have acknowledged the benefits of Olive Oil for hair and Olive Oil benefits for skin in our beauty care routine. The oil of this brunet fruit can also contribute as moisturizer, wrinkle remover, conditioner, and many more along with Coconut Oil.
The concoction of Coconut and Olive oil is easy to prepare since these are the two handy ingredients generally available in our kitchen. As an added bonus, this one mixture can serve multiple purposes. For instance, adding 1 Tbsp Olive Oil to 3 Tbsp of Coconut Oil will give you an instant moisturizer and at the same time, it can be used to massage the scalp to remove the dryness of the hair.
Benefits of Coconut Oil and Olive oil on skin-
Applying oil to the skin might be irksome due to its sticky nature. But, when it’s Coconut and Olive Oil, you surely wouldn’t want to miss the amazing benefits, particularly olive oil benefits for skin! These two are great allies for boosting your skin with softness and radiance.
There are many benefits of Coconut Oil on skin. Especially, there are a myriad of Virgin Coconut Oil benefits for skin. Virgin Coconut Oil is the fat extracted from raw coconuts. Therefore, this unrefined product contributes to providing healthy skin in a number of ways.
- Coconut oil works as an excellent moisturizer due to the presence of lauric acid in it.
- Its antibacterial properties help to prevent the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
- It serves the skin barrier functions through its anti-inflammatory response.
- Coconut Oil used in baby massage improves skin barrier function in low-birth-weight babies.
- Coconut Oil is enriched in Vitamin E which is necessary for healthy skin. Vitamin E also helps to reduce the appearance of stretch marks on the body.
- Massaging your skin with Coconut Oil can give relief from sunburn.
- Can be used as makeup remover instead of the expensive products bought from the market.
- Coconut Oil has antimicrobial properties that are beneficial for treating skin conditions like acne, cellulitis and athlete’s foot.
The uses of olive oil for face and skin are essential to get a fresh, revitalized look. Our face-skin needs extra care for its sensitivity and as such there can be no alternative to it. Olive oil benefits for skin are given below.
Olive oil contains plant-based squalene, a chemical compound that reduces trans-epidermal water loss and helps in restoring skin suppleness and flexibility.
The oil contains antioxidants which makes it a natural anti-aging ingredient which is another important benefit of Olive Oil for face.
- Olive oil is helpful in treating cracked heels.
- Olive oil can be used for skin whitening.
- It may help to strengthen and lengthen your lashes and brows.
- By rubbing a few drops into the base of each nail, you can soften your cuticles.
- Can be used as a scrubber and used to massage the areas like the elbow, knees, and heels where the skin is usually harsh.
- Olive oil may help to fight against wrinkles. The area around the eyes can be gently massaged using olive oil to help prevent eye-wrinkle.
Hair Benefits of Coconut and Olive oil
Coconut oil is no stranger when it comes to the nourishment of hair as Coconut Oil benefits for hair are quite common. Combining this oil with the Olive one will combat dryness, split ends, hair breakage and so on. Also, there are many benefits of Olive Oil for hair.
- The Vitamin E, proteins, and minerals of Coconut Oil have the capacity to soothe dry scalp. It can deeply nourish the hair follicles bringing shine and softness to hair.
- The nutrients present in Coconut Oil aids in hair growth. It gradually slows down the hair loss and prevents further damage, breakage and split ends.
- Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft better protecting it against environmental pollutants and excess heat.
- The oil helps in treating hair problems like dandruff, lice infestation, bacterial and fungal infection.
- The fact that Olive Oil is good for hair can be made apparent by the following findings:
- Olive well can be used for deep conditioning to soften the hair. This will also keep your hair away from feeling dull and frizzy.
- The thicker consistency of Olive Oil can provide a better moisturizing effect on your hair.
- It has the potential to treat scalp burns and also is able to treat dandruff.
- Mixing the oil with coconut oil can contribute to preventing hair loss.
- Some Common Properties of Coconut and Olive oil
- Possess anti-oxidants
- Serves as an anti-aging ingredient.
- Works as moisturizer.
- Protects hair from damage.
- Prevent hair and scalp problems.
Try having the two wonder ingredients i.e. Coconut and Olive Oil at your home so that when it comes to pampering your skin or hair, you don’t need to rush for expensive, artificial products. Surely, you won’t be disappointed!
Frequently Asked Questions on Benefits of Coconut Oil & Olive Oil-
1. How does Coconut and Olive oil grow hair?
Coconut oil and Olive Oil can contribute to hair growth. The vitamins and fatty acids in Coconut Oil penetrate the cuticle of the hair and nourish the scalp which has the ability to promote hair growth. On the other hand, there are many benefits of applying Olive Oil on hair. Olive Oil increases the elasticity of the hair, making our hair strong and thus reduces hair fall. Olive Oil contains considerable amounts of antioxidants, which promotes the health of our scalp and strengthens our hair which again justifies the statement that Olive Oil is good for hair.
2. Is it ok to put Olive Oil overnight?
The oil can be used overnight, but those with oily or acne-prone skin might suffer from pore-clogging can use it once/twice per week to avoid breakouts. There are benefits of Olive Oil for hair as well. It can be mixed with other oils and left overnight on the scalp.
3. What can I mix with olive oil for my hair?
Olive oil is the perfect carrier oil that can be mixed with Coconut oil, Castor oil, Almond oil to provide your hair with smoothness and nourishment. Besides, different hair packs can be prepared by mixing olive oil with honey, egg, banana and avocado.
4. How often should I put coconut oil in my hair?
It can vary from person to person. Those with dry hair problems can use coconut oil on every alternate day and for the ones with oily hair, using the oil twice or thrice a week would serve the purpose.