Coconut Oil: Secrets to a Healthy Scalp
- Coconut Oil is great in combating dandruff.
- Coconut Oil is good for fighting dry and itchy scalp.
- Coconut Oil helps retain moisture in hair.
- It destroys Virus and Bacteria in your scalp.
Coconut oil is not merely used for cooking, rather it is packed with tons of benefits for your scalp and hair. It is very useful in combating dandruff and has been used as a natural treatment for thousands of years. The unique nutrient composition that makes up coconut oil can counteract or neutralize not only the worst symptoms of dandruff but also the underlying cause of this irritating and unsightly phenomenon.
Improves Scalp Health
· Coconut oil is good for fighting dry and itchy scalp. The oil moisturizes the skin and helps correct redness and irritation.
· Coconut oil improves scalp conditions, including dandruff. Its antibacterial properties reduce folliculitis, which is a common infection of the hair follicles.
· Coconut oil is also useful in fighting fungal infections, such as ringworm of the scalp.
· Daily washing strips hair of its sebum, which often leads to dry, frizzy locks; coconut oil acts as a protective barrier between washes ensuring hair stays soft and silky.
· Coconut oil’s medium-chain fatty acids, including lauric acid and capric acid, show strong antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal properties that go after the fungus and aid in killing it, as well as viruses and bacteria that could possibly be lurking on your scalp.
· Repeated prescriptions and over-the-counter dandruff shampoos can potentially make dandruff worse, and therefore fail to fix the root cause of the flakiness.
· If the problem happens to be fungal, or if you are struggling with dry skin, applying coconut oil makes it a lot better.
· Many commercial shampoos contain harmful chemicals such as parabens, propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate etc.
· Dandruff shampoos are no better, as they contain ammonium laureth sulfate, magnesium aluminum silicate, and selenium sulfide.
On top of that, most of the time, these preparations simply don’t show improvements. At the end of the day, the goal is to make the scalp healthier, moisturized, and free from fungus and any presence of dandruff. Coconut oil treatment may not make dandruff go away overnight, but it should typically show positive results in just a week or so. Coconut oil can treat all the hair problems. Here we saw how it can treat dandruff, now check out our article on how coconut oil can heal split ends. For more such articles on coconut oil and hair health, head over to our hair care blog section.