Complete monsoon beauty care with coconut
- Coconut oil contains lauric acid and capric acid which helps to prevent fungal infection in humid weather.
- Coconut milk is an excellent natural ingredient to restore natural moisture and glow of the skin.
- Coconut milk contains a high level of vitamin C which helps skin to retain its elasticity and flexibility.
- Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties, so it helps to tackle bacterial infection on the skin.
Monsoon is the season that brings a lot of humidity and consequently skin is exposed to bacterial and fungal infection for more sweat and dehydration. So during monsoon hair, skin and face need particular types of care. Coconut oil contains lauric acid and capric acid which helps to prevent fungal infection in humid weather. So coconut may be your ideal solution to take care of your hair, skin, and face.
Coconut milk face mask for glowing skin:
During this hot and humid monsoon season, skin demands a bit of extra attention. Coconut milk is an excellent natural ingredient to restore natural moisture and glow of the skin.
- 1 tablespoon Tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon Coconut milk
Direction to apply:
- Mix Tomato juice and Coconut milk in a small bowl.
- Wash your face with cold water and apply the mask on your face and neck well.
- Massage the mask with your finger for a few minutes and let it dry.
- Wash your face off with cold water.
Coconut milk contains a high level of vitamin C which helps skin to retain its elasticity and flexibility. Coconut milk also contains copper that helps to remove wrinkles, blemishes, age marks, etc. and brings extra glow on the skin. Tomatoes contain high levels of astringent which help to remove blackheads and open pores on the skin.
So this DIY homemade face mask with Coconut milk helps to get glowing and bright skin without any extra effort.
Soothing Coconut Oil Citrus Salt Scrub:
In this weather, due to various invisible dirt and sweat, skin loses its natural glow. So along with your face and hair, your legs and hands and other body parts need care. The dead skin cells can be exfoliated by daily body scrub and the lost glow of skin can be restored.
So, for a refreshing bath, you can have Coconut Oil Citrus Salt Scrub which will give you a soothing feeling.
- 2 cups Coconut oil
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 3 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 3 drops Y-lang Y-lang essential oil
- 3 drops orange essential oil
Direction to apply:
- Heat up Coconut oil slightly.
- Mix all the ingredients and store it in a container.
- Wash your body with body wash well before scrubbing.
- Massage the coconut oil scrub gently by hand or with the help of a loofah over 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse well with water and use a moisturizing lotion.
- You can store this for 3 months.
Coconut oil helps to reduce inflammation in our skin. It has antimicrobial properties, so it helps to tackle bacterial infection on the skin. Epsom salt is highly effective as a bath salt. Epsom salt gives the skin a soothing feeling and it also acts as an exfoliator. This scrub is very useful if you have soreness on the skin.
Coconut Oil Citrus Scrub can be used regularly for a refreshing and soothing shower after coming back home from outside.
Coconut Oil hair mask for frizzy hair in humid weather:
Humidity is something which can cause a few problems for hair. Acidic water of rain diminishes the natural moisture of hair and makes the hair frizzy. So hair-masks can be very effective in damp weather.
- Ripe banana – 1 piece
- Yogurt- ½ teaspoon
- Coconut Oil- 1 teaspoon
Direction to apply:
- Paste banana carefully with a fork
- Mix yogurt and oil with it and prepare a mask.
- Apply it in your hair and wait for 30 minutes
- Deep clean your hair with shampoo
Coconut Oil has the necessary vitamins and fatty acids for the nutrition of hair. Banana contains a lot of potassium, natural oil, and carbohydrate that helps to get rid of the dandruff and frizz of hair. Containing a lot of lactic acid, yogurt helps to reduce dead cells in hair.
Using this hair mask can help to get rid of the dampness and dryness of hair. Adding extra moisture also brings back the shininess and provides nutrition from the root of the hair.
During the rainy season, it is difficult to keep the level of the natural glow of skin and care at the same level. So this particular season needs extra care, which you can easily afford to stay at home.
Coconut milk contains copper reference:
Coconut oil antibacterial reference:
Epsom salt being exfoliator and reduce soreness:
Yogurt hair mask: