Get Gorgeous Hair and Skin With The Magic Of Coconut
You already know, or at least heard of the many wonders and uses of coconut oil. You can cook with it, or you can even use it to clean your home. And, perhaps most importantly, it’s the most versatile beauty product you’ll ever own. We all know coconut oil hair care is vastly popular around the world. On the other hand, using coconut oil for skin has some fantastic benefits. So, it makes it more than just plain fatty oil.
In this article, we are going to share some easy beauty tricks using coconut oil and talk about the amazing benefits of coconut oil on skin and hair.
Benefits Of Coconut Oil On Skin & Hair
#1. Deep conditioning with coconut oil
Coconut oil deep conditioning is a fantastic way to get softer hair. But do you know how to deep condition your hair effectively? Let us show you!
- Coconut oil
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Apply some coconut oil on your hair before shampooing and conditioning. The oil protects each hair strand from drying out while you shampoo.
- Simply apply it to your hair
- Leave it on for 30 minutes before washing
- You may need to rinse a few times to remove all of the coconut oil, but once you do, you’ll be left with silky, soft hair. This is one of the simplest tricks to avail the amazing benefits of coconut oil for hair.
#2. Coconut body butter
There are different benefits of using coconut oil on the skin, you just need to know the right tricks! You can easily make whipped coconut body butter at home and get soft and nourished skin.
- Coconut oil
- Shea Butter
- Almond oil
- A whisk
- Mix two tbsp coconut oil, 1½ tbsp honey, one tbsp shea butter and 1½ tbsp almond oil well
- Whisk it often and heat the mixture for 15 minutes
- Then, let it solidify for 6-24 hours.
- After that, whisk it till it gets light and fluffy. You can store this in a glass jar and use it liberally on your skin.
#3. Leaving coconut oil on hair overnight
As a part of coconut oil hair care, massaging and leaving coconut oil on hair overnight is an effective way to get the best benefits of coconut oil on hair. But remember, to avoid breakage, you need to detangle your hair before you start oiling it.
Also, in general, it’s not a good idea to leave the oil on for more than 6-8 hours because it can get messy. The oil can attract a lot of dirt, dust, and grime, causing it to stick to your hair!
#4. Body scrub with coconut oil
Did you know that you can use coconut oil to get glowing skin as well? Coconut and coffee body scrub is the answer! Coffee grounds have a sand-like texture that works well as an exfoliant in homemade scrubs. The coffee grounds help to rejuvenate and boost blood circulation by gently removing dead skin cells.
- Ground coffee
- Brown sugar
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Mix 1/2 cup of fresh ground coffee and 1/2 cup of brown sugar together
- Add 1/2 cup coconut oil and one tbsp vanilla extract into the coffee mixture
- Then, mix the ingredients together to get your DIY coconut and coffee body scrub.
#5. Face mask with coconut oil
There are several benefits of coconut oil on the face as well. Coconut oil and turmeric mask even out your skin tone, which helps with skin discolouration. It also hydrates and moisturises your skin, which helps in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. This face mask prevents your skin from drying out and prevents wards off skin problems like acne, making it one of the best usages of coconut oil on the face.
- Coconut oil
- Mix one tbsp coconut oil and one pinch of turmeric properly
- Apply it on your clean face
- Then, leave it on for 15 minutes
- Rinse your face with clean water
#6. Hair mask with aloe vera and coconut oil
Coconut oil and aloe vera hair mask can condition your hair from within and make it soft and silky.
- Aloe vera gel
- Coconut oil
- Mix two tbsp of aloe vera gel and one tbsp of coconut oil together
- Stir them until a smooth, blended paste is created
- Use your fingers to apply the mask to your hair
- Long hair can be divided into sections to make application easier
#7. Coconut oil as a face wash
Coconut and essential oil face wash is another way to enjoy the amazing benefits of coconut oil on the face.
- Coconut oil
- Baking soda
- Lavender essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Mix one cup of warm coconut oil, one tbsp of baking soda and five drops of lavender essential oil, tea tree essential oil and lemon essential oil together
- Then, mix this face wash with a little amount of water to wash your face.
#8. DIY soap with coconut oil
Soaps made with natural oils, such as olive and coconut oil, help remove impurities from your skin and moisturise it at the same time. If you have dry or sensitive skin, the olive oil in the soap can help to soothe your skin. You can try using this easy-to-prepare soap at home and get the best of the goodness of coconut.
#9. Coconut milk shampoo
For glamorous hair, a homemade coconut milk shampoo can be your go-to option.
- Coconut milk
- Organic baby shampoo
- Olive oil
- Vanilla essential oil
- To prepare this, take ¼ cup of coconut milk, ⅓ cup of organic baby shampoo, one tsp of olive oil and 10 drops of vanilla essential oil in a container
- Mix them well by shaking. And here you go, it’s ready to use!
#10. Coconut oil as a makeup remover
You can gently massage coconut oil on your face to remove makeup. It nourishes your skin as well. Also, if you have very dry, chafed, or flaky skin, you should surely utilize the benefits of applying coconut oil to your face overnight.
Coconut oil is high in fatty acids and antioxidants, which help keep our skin and hair looking young and healthy. It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which help to keep skin safe and combat skin allergies and yeast infections, which can cause rashes, dermatitis, and hair loss. That’s why coconut oil can be your go-to beauty product at home quite easily.
Frequently Asked Questions On Benefits Of Coconut Oil On Skin & Hair
1. How long should I leave coconut oil in my hair?
Ans. Apply it to your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes before washing it. You might have to rinse a few times to get all of the coconut oil out, but once you do, your hair will be silky and smooth.
2. What can we mix in coconut oil for hair?
Ans. It all depends on your hair type and the problems you are facing. You can mix aloe vera with coconut oil for deep conditioning. You can make a homemade coconut milk shampoo to get glamorous hair as well.
3. Does coconut oil help hair?
Ans. Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants, which help to keep our skin and hair looking young and healthy. It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which help to keep your scalp moisturized and prevent hair loss. So, coconut oil hair packs or masks can be an effective solution to help your hair.
4. Can I put coconut oil directly on my skin?
Ans. Yes, you can. But make sure you don’t leave it on your skin for too long, since it can accumulate oil and dirt on your skin.
5. Does coconut oil reduce wrinkles?
Ans. Yes, the anti-aging properties of coconut oil help reduce wrinkles.