Want Thick, Long and Shiny Hair? Try Scalp Treatment with Coconut Oil
- Not taking care of your scalp can lead to hair damage and premature hair fall
- Mixing Coconut Oil with Tea Tree Oil and Rosemary Oil calms down sensitive skin and stimulates hair growth
- Apply the formula in between hair sections and keep it in for 20 minutes
- Rinse off using a hair conditioner
When was the last time you gave your scalp a facial? Yes, you read it right! Like our face, the scalp is also considered ‘skin’, and therefore, it needs just as much love and care, if not more. Hair experts opine that a good scalp treatment is a key to healthy, glossy, sleek strands. This makes sense because, just as other skins on our body, the scalp needs to breathe too. It needs oxygen, moisture and nutrients to survive. Since hair is rooted in the scalp, it is equally important to take care of our scalp. Not taking care of your scalp can result in hair damage and premature hair loss. But thankfully, coconut oil can take real good care of your scalp.
What makes coconut oil special?
As it turns out, many factors make coconut oil one of the best home remedies for hair growth and thickness.
1. Better at preventing protein loss
When your hair gets exposed to sunlight or chemically bleached, it suffers protein loss. Coconut oil reduces protein loss in a significant manner and helps in maintaining thick hair at home.
2. Lauric acid
The ingredient that makes the magic happen in coconut oil is lauric acid. It has antimicrobial properties that reduce the dandruff-causing fungus on your scalp.
This fatty acid possesses the anti-inflammatory trait, which reduces inflammation on your scalp and gives you a soothing sensation.
It treats psoriasis, which causes red and scaly patches on your scalp. This acid can reduce flakiness in your scalp significantly and give you flake-free, shiny hair.
3. Vitamin E
Another critical ingredient in coconut oil is vitamin E. It contains antioxidants and beneficial for your hair and scalp health. Also helps you to get shiny hair at home.
This vitamin improves blood circulation on the scalp and promotes hair growth. It helps in taming frizzy hair, balances oil production on the scalp and makes coconut oil an excellent home remedy for shiny hair.
Benefits of Coconut Oil Scalp Treatment
- Coconut oil’s antimicrobial properties play a crucial role in reducing dandruff. Fungus on our skin is a common thing, but it causes dandruff when it grows in abundance. Coconut oil keeps dandruff-causing fungus at bay and your scalp remains healthy. Among all the benefits of scalp treatment, this is one.
- Regular coconut oil massage on your scalp helps you in getting thick, shiny and long hair. Your hair can absorb this oil easily and nourish your scalp and hair cuticles from within. It is one of the best home remedies for thick hair.
- Coconut oil repairs the damaged hair shafts and helps you maintain thick hair, and make it more illustrious.
- Scalp treatment with coconut oil can reduce the symptoms of eczema and moisturise your dry scalp.
- Coconut oil provides necessary nutrients for your scalp and hair and reduces hair loss.
- The use of coconut oil daily makes your dull hair shiny and gorgeous.
- This oil helps to remove sebum oil build-up on your scalp and hair follicles.
- Coconut oil’s anti-inflammatory property soothes skin irritation and reduces itchy, red and scaly patches on your scalp.
You can easily nourish your hair with Coconut oil, mixing it up with Tea Tree Oil and Rosemary Oil. These ingredients work great as benefits of massaging scalp and
- Rebalancing the scalp’s oil and hydration levels
- Getting rid of toxins
- Calming down the sensitive skin
- Stimulating the follicles for hair growth, among other things
Pick your scalp recipe
First of all, you need to choose your scalp treatment formula based on your scalp type. Then choose these scalp treatment at home.
Dry, Flaky Scalp
For dry, flaky, dandruff-prone, or acne-ridden scalps, you need to take six tablespoons of extra virgin, organic coconut oil. Then mix that with 3-4 drops of tea tree oil and 4-6 drops of rosemary oil. This is a great scalp treatment at home.
For an oily scalp, mix six tablespoons of extra virgin, organic coconut oil with three tablespoons of lemon juice followed by two tablespoons of grapefruit juice.
- Carefully apply the chosen mixture to your scalp with a hair dye brush or cotton ball.
- Make small partings through the hair and work in 1-inch sections to ensure that the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Give your scalp a good massage, rubbing with your fingertips in a circular motion for about 5-10 minutes straight.
- Let the mixture sit for another 20 minutes before washing it off with your regular shampoo.
- Finish it up with a good conditioner that you tried and tested before.
Frequently Asked Questions On Thick & Long Hair Home Remedy
1. Does coconut oil help with thick hair?
Ans. The fatty acids and vitamins present in coconut oil promote hair growth and help achieve thick and shiny hair. Coconut oil is a great home remedies for thick hair.
2. What oils make your hair thicker and longer?
Ans. Coconut oil, olive oil, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, castor oil, almond oil and argan oil are among the best oils to make your hair longer and thicker. you can use these as long hair home remedy.
3. How can I make my hair thicker with coconut oil?
Ans. You can mix tea tree oil and rosemary oil with coconut oil to make your hair thicker and longer. Regular scalp treatment with warm coconut oil can also make your hair thicker as it is a good long hair home remedy.
4. Which coconut oil is best for hair growth and thickness?
Ans. Extra virgin coconut oil is best for hair growth and thickness. For shiny hair at home, you can choose coconut oil to make your hair longer and thicker in no time!
All those hair damages and hair loss can sure make you frustrated. Regular scalp treatment with coconut oil can help you as home remedies for shiny hair. With all the benefits of coconut oil, it’s only a matter of time to flaunt your breathtakingly beautiful long and shiny hair!