Want to Swim proof your Hair? Try Coconut Oil!
Our hair absorbs chlorine which leaves the hair dry and cracked.
- Wash your hair before you go for a swim.
- Use Coconut Oil to boost your hair’s natural defense system.
- Rich in fatty acids, Coconut oil moisturizes hair and scalp.
- Put on a solid swimming cap after you’re done oiling your hair.
- After you’re done swimming, rinse hair well with a shampoo.
Your hair is absorbent, just like a sponge. When it’s dry, it hungrily absorbs any liquid surrounding it – and if you’re swimming, that means it’ll suck up as much chlorinated water as it can. Chlorinated water can strip away the natural oil (sebum) that coats and protects the shiny layer of your hair (the cuticle), leaving the strands of your hair dry and cracked. Keep reading to discover how you can prevent your hair from absorbing chlorine.
- Before you take a dip, rinse your hair thoroughly with clean water for a few minutes. Once your hair is full of chlorine free water, it takes longer for harsh chemicals to get through to your hair and do its damage.
- You may use Coconut oil to boost your hair’s natural defense system. Coconut oil creates an extra layer of water-resistant protection for your hair. Moreover, Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that moisturize your hair and scalp.
- Put on a solid swimming cap over your hair after you’re done applying the oil. This will ensure that your hair is well protected from even the most partial damages.
When you’re done swimming, rinse your hair with shampoo to wash out the chemicals. Now you don’t have to choose between beautiful hair and swimming.
Coconut oil has many more benefits for hair, here you can read about the top 5 reasons why coconut is considered versatile. It is because of these reaons that you must include coconut oil in your daily beauty routine. You can read more about coconut and its hair benefits in our blogs from hair care blog section.