Winter Hair Care: Deep Conditioning & Oil Routine For Dry Hair
- Dry hair needs deep conditioning of hair from root to end.
- Having a hair oil routine is much appreciated in winter.
- Healthy eating habits, drinking enough water, having enough sleep and trimming hair regularly can lessen the problems for dry hair.
“Winter is coming” – well, winter has come and already made our skin and hair beg for moisture. Winter hair care is essential since during this season the damage is more visible and intense. Our hair care routine begs for a change.
Generally, we all follow a particular hair care routine throughout the year to keep our hair healthy and lively. But during winter all types of hair needs special care and a change in the hair care routine. Dry, lifeless hair strands need deep conditioning and a daily hair care routine to lessen the damage and to control hair fall and dandruff. Hair fall, dandruff, rough and dry hair, and scalp, split ends are common problems during this season. Hair care routine for dry hair needs to be completely oil-based to ensure proper nourishment of dull, rough, tangled hair. Only people with dry hair can understand the hustle of detangling knots every morning and breaking and losing hair in the process. To prevent dry hair and dry scalp we can stick to the following steps –
Prevent dry hair and scalp in winter
- Dry hair needs deep conditioning of hair from root to end. And for that, we need to avoid room heaters because it may take away the moisture from the scalp and leave it dehydrated. So, avoid using a heater if possible.
- Also, people tend to use a hairdryer as a quick solution which is equally responsible for dry, lifeless, rough hair. So, avoid these machines: hair dryer, hair straightener, hair curlers, blow dryers, etc, and let your hair breathe for a moment.
- Having a hair oil routine is much appreciated. In Bangladesh, the most used hair oil is coconut oil. It’s available everywhere and also the product is within the budget of the general masses. So, include this magic ingredient in your healthy hair routine to get the best possible result.
- Some people get oily scalps and they find themselves in a dilemma on what to apply to their hair during winter. Oil doesn’t make the scalp oily, rather oily scalp responds well to oil massage which helps the blood circulation . So, make oil massages a part of your daily hair care routine.
- For the best result, apply coconut oil 1 hour before shampooing. Include this as well to your daily hair care routine.
If you are an extremely busy person and don’t have enough time to oil massage and take care of your lovely hair during the day, we got a solution for you too. You can oil massage before bed and let your scalp soak the moisture all night and then shampoo your hair in the morning as oil attracts dirt. But remember you don’t need to shampoo your hair every day, no matter how severe your dandruff is. Using hot water on hair, and tying your wet hair can cause an excessive amount of hair fall and damage.
Although this winter hair care routine might seem only applicable to women, the truth is that winter hair care is needed for both men and women. Hair care routine for women and men is not much different, both include the application of oil. However, hair care routine for women can be a bit complex and high maintenance due to the structure and length of hair.
Deep conditioning is necessary for people with dry scalp, dandruff, and damaged hair. For such scenarios, one can always rely on some winter hair care home remedies tested and applied by people from ancient times.
Our healthy hair routine should include and prioritize natural remedies because several of the hair products on the market contain sulfate which strips the scalp and makes it sensitive which results in dry, brittle, dehydrated hair. Without further ado, let’s take a look at some home remedies –
Home remedies for deep conditioning
- The number one winter hair care home remedy is massaging coconut oil in the scalp. You can add almond oil and vitamins E to coconut oil to make the massage more effective.
- This part is optional. You can make a hair mask to moisturize your hair further which works as a protein treatment for your hair. Make a mixture of yogurt, amla, coconut oil, and egg yolk. Put it on the scalp, keep it for 30 minutes and then wash it gently with water. Then use a mild shampoo. This mixture will do miracles to your hair.
- Then comes the famous hot towel treatment. Wrap a hot towel around your head and hair for about 15 minutes before washing your hair. Let your scalp absorb the steam. This treatment helps to moisturize the scalp and lessen dandruff which is the number one reason for hair fall.
Deep conditioning hair at home can be tricky for people with oily scalps. If you are one of those people, then despite giving up oil massage, try using non-sticky oil-free conditioners in a small amount.
Winter hair care is important to people with normal hair too. A lightweight, non-greasy conditioner will help them to keep their hair detangled, moisturized, and healthy at the same time.
Winter hair care routine is important for all types of people with any kind of hair. Thick, thin, black, blonde, long, short doesn’t matter. What matters is the proper care and nutrition. If your hair is unhealthy you look unhealthy and shabby. . Hair is such a jewel, which if we lose once we can never get them back like before. Only proper care can prevent the balding process, nothing else. By following these winter hair care tips one can salvage the damage and can get back the shiny hair they once had.
A sophisticated hair care routine, healthy eating habits, drinking enough water, having enough sleep, trimming split ends regularly, and avoiding different styling tools and harsh chemicals are enough to keep your hair healthy, moisturized, and volumized.
Frequently Asked Questions On Winter Hair Care
How can I treat my hair in winter?
You should treat your hair with extra care and gentleness. Also trimming hair regularly, avoid heat styling, buying humidifier, using oil treatment, avoid leaving the home with wet hair are some of the tips you can follow in winter.
How can I oil my hair in winter?
Warm the frozen coconut oil and gently massage it on the scalp.
How do you keep your hair from getting frizzy in the winter?
Staying away from dust, chemicals, colors, using hair straightener and heat is the way to go.
Should we apply coconut oil on hair in winter?
We should apply coconut oil on hair to nourish, condition, and pamper the hair.
Why does my hair go flat in winter?
Because of the weather, dry weather, and dust.
Does hair break in winter?
Hair tends to break in winter because of lack of nutrition, moisture, dandruff, and frizziness.